Welcome to the fifth annual Linton Farmers’ Market!
The Linton Farmers’ Market is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to connecting consumers with local produce and other homemade, value-added products. Everything sold at the Market is produced by the vendor.
Market Dates, Time, and Location
The Market is located in the southeast corner of Humphreys City Park. It will operate Saturdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, from May 20th through September 30th.
The Linton Farmers’ Market has been developed with the following goals:
• To offer residents of the Linton area a variety of fresh, healthy, local foods and related farm products.
• To promote local farmers, gardeners, and artisans by providing a community venue to sell their goods.
• To promote a sense of community and support the local economy.
The Linton Farmers’ Market is looking for musicians and performers of all kinds to donate their time and talent to our market. Performers will be provided with a stage that includes amplification and power and are welcome to use a tip jar and/or sell their own recordings or merchandise. Performers will be promoted in our weekly newsletter and on our Facebook page. If you are interested in participating, please contact our Entertainment Coordinator Virgil Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our vendors offer a wide variety of local fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, and other farm related products. Vendor space at this year’s Market is very limited and previous Vendors will be given preference. A Vendor waiting list will be maintained for those Vendors not qualifying for this year’s Market. If you are interested in participating in our Market as a vendor, please check our Vendor Page for more information.
Would you like to get involved with your local farmers’ market?
The Linton Farmers’ Market is currently seeking a volunteer to manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activities for the farmers’ market. This person doesn’t necessarily need to have any professional marketing experience, (although, that would be helpful) but must be creative, strongly self-motivated, and willing to take the time and effort necessary to help grow our local farmers’ market. Some of the duties of the Marketing Coordinator will include:
• Manage, coordinate and expand on existing marketing strategies, including social media
• Develop and implement new marketing platforms and strategies
• Oversee creation and delivery of press releases, advertising and other marketing materials
• Deepen relationship with existing media contacts and engage other community organizations
If you would like to find out more information about the Marketing Coordinator position, please contact:
Linton Farmers’ Market